Maintain Your Online Reputation


As both a victim and now a survivor of Online Attacks, Internet Defamation, Cyberstalkers from extremely disturbed people (in my opinion) I have fought back and won! In an unprecedented jury verdict for damages, I was awarded $11.3M for what one woman did to me online. The jury took time to read the hundreds of posts of clear defamation and slander in an attempt to destroy me, my organization and hurt my family.


In many interviews I have been asked ”why” do people find the need to hurt others? I simply don’t have that answer. We can speculate, but I believe deep down people are not happy with themselves and feel the need to project their misery on to others.


John Dozier of Dozier Internet Law wrote an excellent article the outlines potential persona’s of these type of people. “The Top Ten Blogger Persona’s: The Mobosphere Unvieled.” Then Jacqui Cheng wrote about the Nutjobs that feel the need to hurt others online. It is obvious this is a growing problem.



Take the time to protect your online reputation - if you need to reach out for help, Reputation Defender is one of the services today that has helped protect many people and takes extra steps to protect our children with MyChild.

Popular posts from this blog

Teens Starting College: Transition Blues

Teenage Mental Health Options

Sue Scheff: Should teachers befriend students on social networking sites?