|Teen dating: Have fun, be safe.|
What is Teen Dating Violence?
Teen dating violence is a pattern of controlling, abusive and aggressive behavior in a romantic relationship. It can happen to anyone, regardless of race, gender, age or socioeconomic status. Abusive behaviors may include
some of the following:
- Physical: punching, kicking, slapping, choking, pinching, hair pulling
- Verbal: name calling , put downs, threats , spreading rumors
- Emotional: Feelings of isolation, fear, worthlessness, low self-esteem
- Sexual: pressuring to have sex, rape, forcing unprotected sex, unwanted touching
- Financial: forcing a partner to pay, giving an allowance, manipulating pay checks/credit cards
More from the Parent's Guide - click here.