Warnings signs your teen may be contemplating suicide:
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no purpose
- Talking about being a burden to others
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs
- Acting anxious, agitated or reckless
- Sleeping too little or too much
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge
- Displaying extreme mood swings
- Looking for a way to kill oneself
- The more of these signs a person shows, the greater the risk. Warning signs are associated with suicide but may not be what causes a suicide.
If you have a troubled teen, reach out and get help. There is help. Visit www.helpyourteens.com for residential therapy that could save their life.
Join me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter for more information and educational articles on parenting today's teenagers.