Sue Scheff: Teaching Teens To Be Financially Literate for the Future
The St. Johns River Chapter of Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants and SJCPLS are teaming up to offer full day workshops to teens age 15-20 between June 26th through August 7th at various branch libraries. Subjects covered will be budgeting, saving, personal investing, using credit wisely, avoiding identity theft and more.
The St. Johns County Public Library System began offering this successful program two years ago, and the program has served as a model for other Florida libraries. Class sizes are limited, so call each branch to register. Lunch will be provided at each location by the Friends of the Library.
All classes are 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (same class repeated at each location)
- Saturday, June 26 - Southeast Branch Library, 827-6900
- Saturday, July 10 - Ponte Vedra Beach Branch Library, 827-6950
- Saturday, July 17 - Anastasia Island Branch Library, 209-3730
- Saturday, July 24 - Main Library, St. Augustine, 827-6940
- Saturday, July 31 - Bartram Trail Branch Library, 827-6960
- Saturday, August 7 - Hastings Branch Library, 827-6970
Be an educated parent, your teen will have a brighter future.
Finance Freak: Learn Financing Today for a Better Tomorrow
Financial Literacy and Your Teens
Knowing and Understanding Your FICO Score